Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"The Gift" by Angels & Airwaves

I just wanted to share some recent pictures from my life. God is so good!
These are some students from last night's Bible study. I spoke about how significant keeping a prayer journal for the last 9 years has been in my life. We planned to let the students decorate their own journal, and the students really got into it! They had lots of questions like, "so, what am I supposed to write in here?" but we welcomed all their questions. We challenged them to write/draw in their journal twice before the next youth group meeting.
This is a photo of all the students Ignite Sport works with from NaeNae College. We had just finished an intense hour-long workout that included spinning for 30 minutes and a 30 minute set of weightlifting stations. This week we are teaching the students two new sports: Ultimate Frisbee and TchoukBall (you should look up this sport- it's awesome!)
This is a picture of my two Samoan sisters, Abby and Gabrielle and me. Last sunday we spent the afternoon at the beach and we found these two blue starfish (pictured in my hand). Our time at the beach was really valuable relaxing family time. After the beach, we went into town and grabbed some Gelato! Abby and Gabrielle attended the Hillsong Women's Conference in Australia, and they've been gone for a week-and-a-half. I'm ready for them to come home! I can't wait to hear about their time at the conference!

2 comments:

  1. i love the idea of making prayer journals. that's a memorable moment for them and such a great investment for all of you. i hope it's the beginning of a sweet time to pray consistently!
    ultimate frisbee… what an awesome gift to bring them!
    hope you are balancing everything well and are beginning to feel more settled.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOU.


    that is all.

    <3 Kristin

    ReplyDelete